Writing your elected officials?
Make your message count
When you write your postcard, keep these tips in mind:
- Write a simple, targeted message about one bill or issue. It has to fit on a postcard after all.
- Make your message personal and tell your story. Don’t rely on scripts or templates for your message.
- Send your postcards individually. Even if you write your cards together as a group, put a stamp on each one and send them out.
- Address your postcard to your Senators’ and Representatives’ state (district) offices. Mail to Washington, DC, offices is unbelievably slow because it goes through scanners.
- Send postcards to your own elected officials, not to anyone else’s.
- Be sure to include your mailing address if you want a response.
Check back as additional designs are released in the days and weeks to come.
Showing all 3 results